Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Kissing cranky boys

UPDATE POSTED BELOW

Even though I can act very cranky sometimes, mommy knows dat I love her with all of my little kitty heart. Dat’s why she can’t stop smooching me or snorgling me. She hugs me and harasses me, all to get my attention. I usually play it cool, like “Ick! Cooties!” but then I prance off and clean myself and secretly hope she’ll give me more lovin’. Sometimes I stand around in her general vicinity, waiting to be picked up and squeezed. But then when I can’t see her, I gets scared and call out her name (“Wow-wow?”) until she lets me know dat she’s nearby.
Well, today she surprised me. I walked into her office this morning and pretended to ignore her as my way of saying “Good Morning,” just hoping dat she’d come over and give me love. And, of course, she did; she went to pick me up by the armpits (which is one way that she slings me over her shoulder, and I love dat) so I even picked my paws off the ground to help her. I was thinking, “Oh boy, I get to put my head on her shoulder again.”
But she tricked me! Instead of hugging me close, she gave me a big kiss on my nose! I opened my eyes in surprise. I’m not supposed to like kisses! I gave her a dirty glare and pushed my back feet against her tummy so that she couldn’t give me any more kisses on the nose! As much as she tried to pull me towards her, my back legs just wouldn’t budge and she eventually put me down on the floor.
Ugh, kisses. It’s okay if I get kisses on my head or on my cheeks cuz I can just pretend not to like them, but right on the nose? Someone’s gonna think I like girl cooties. Sheesh, mom.
Do any of you boy (or girl) cats have to put up with an overly affectionate human?
(Loaded question, I know!)
UPDATE: I have discovered another way to get mommy's attention. There is a baby gate in the kitchen doorway to keep the woofies from going to their favorite chew-on-the-wall spots but it keeps me from moving through the whole house unless I want to LEAP over the dumb thing. So in the mornings, while mommy's still sleeping, I bang on it while calling for her. It sounds like this ("Wow-wow" is the name I call for mommy): BAM BAM! Woo-wow!! BAM! WOW-WOW! woo? BAM BAM BAM! Wow-wow? WOW-WOW! BAM BAM BAM!

27 Comments:

PB 'n J said...

Oh, kisses - yuck! I can handle a cuddle or a snorgle, but the sure way for me to do the "heisman" (you know the straight arm, like the trophy - well that's what daddy calls it) is to try and kiss me!

Bert

Cat Street Boyz said...

Oh yeah....there are eight beans here so one of us is always getting swooped up and cuddled but mommy is the biggest culprit of them all! Shhhhhhhhh....I think I hear her coming....RUN!!!!!!!=^Y^=Tinker

Nomi said...

Yeah, I get luufed to def sometimes. Miewmie kisses me on the top of head. Sumtimes when I am washing myself she says 'Aoise, give miewmie a kissy kissy'. Sumtimes I lick my botty so I dont haf to kiss her. he he

Daisy said...

My Mommie is always trying to kiss my face. I do not enjoy it. I do like to be picked up and held on my back like a little baby.

Jans Funny Farm said...

Nope. We don't have that problem.

zevo hussein calamari said...

Our pet human kisses Nubi's nose when he is napping. ... she knows better than to do that to me! She can over do it with all the kissing and poose-talk.

Humans are so silly.

Willow said...

My Food Lady kisses my nose all of the time. I don't like being picked up but I think that nose kissies are OK, unless she does it too much!

Purrrrrrs, Willow

Mr. Hendrix said...

circle, circle,
dot dot
now you got your cooties shot!

it is hard to take, but mommies love to kiss us on the noses and heads. at least now you won't catch anything!

that is a great photo of you

Gattina said...

Hehehe ! my Rosie just bites me when she has enough cuddling ! not strong of course !

The Taylor CatSSSSS said...

Oh, we LOVE kisses...anywhere....anytime!!! Mommy is always kissing on us!!!

The Taylor CatSSSSS said...

WAIT A MINUTE....we had to come back! Kilroy...you are the LOVE BEASTIE!!! You are supposed to enjoy all LOVE!!! You Beastie you!!!

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

My mom is pretty affectionate, but then I am require much more affection than she has time for. My sister PooPoo does not give a ___ about affection!
--JB

Tybalt said...

All the time, but I eat it up! I like to get kisses on the nose, and I give mommy kisses on her MOUTH!

Robyn and The (Mostly) Badass Cat said...

We hafta put up wif two ofurly affekshunate humans. Sumtimes it's tuff.

The Cat Realm said...

Yes, kisses. Ugly topic. Happens here too. The butler is even worse than the maid!!!! All over the face, and the neck - we TRY to keep our noses out of harms way.... but you know how it goes..... We accepted it as part of life. Mrs. OZ hates to be held. And guess what: they do it nevertheless! Darn humans...

Mickey's Musings said...

Yeah,Mom's are touchy feely sometimes and love to give kisses!!! May as well get used to it!! I won't tell anycat ;) heeheehee
Does the gate rattle work???
Purrs Mickey

Mr. Hendrix said...

i loooooooooove that idea! that is very smart. it is cool the way you took that gate the prevents you from strolling wherever you want into a way to to get your beans to serve you.

Robyn and The (Mostly) Badass Cat said...

Kisses, ick!

Motor Home Cats said...

Our Mom kisses us on the lips all the time. She gives us her cooties. We don't usually mind, unless someone else is watching then it is yuckie poo.

Tiki, Tavi, Cody, Camie and Miss Jade

snowforest said...

Kilroy you iz a furry handsome mancat ~ we resort to bunny kicks every time our human tries to kiss us...sending you lots of purrs..

Ailurophile said...

SnowForest human: thank you for your supportive words following the loss of our dear Forest ~ we greatly appreciate and value your kindness and are glad to have found your cool blog..sending you our best wishes..

MaoMao said...

KISSIES! I love kissies. Momma kisses us Ballicai a whole whole lot. Me and Marilyn love kissies, and Brainball and Dorydoo are okay with 'em but think they're kinda strange, hehehe!

Kittyhugs and purrs from MaoMao!

Evergreen loves Kilroy said...

Hey Taylor Catsssss! I am the Love Beastie... but that doesn't mean I have to ACT like I love love. I..uh... I fink. :)

Goldie, Shade and Banshee said...

I have to admit, I do love the kisses.

purrs Goldie

Jans Funny Farm said...

You sure are a noisy boy! Jan would wow-wow you right into the closet.

Mo and The Purries said...

Kisses can be good sometimes -- Little Isis, who hates to be held, will put up with my kisses!
I'm Not The Mama from Purrchance To Dream and wondering if you'd like to join the Entrecat blog roll. It's for cat blogs that have Entrecards.
If so, send me an e-mail to morgen1967 at gmail dot com and I'll add you to the blog roll and send you the html for your sidebar.
I've also added your Entrecard to our favorites for House Panthers!
cheers,
mo

Quasi said...

Nice work on the banging to wake your mom up! Yes, the female has tried to make out with me many times. Sometimes I permit it a little, sometimes I don't, just to keep her on her toes. We can't let our humans get too comfortable, now can we?