Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Meme Time! Today: QUIRKS


I gotsta write 6 quirks about myself. I've been tagged by The Cheezits, Colby and Cheddar for this meme. Hmmm, this'll take some thinkin'!

1. I am a very good judge of character: I used to beat up and annoy all of mom's ex-boyfriends. From playing with my loud toys when one was watching a movie (I KNEW he hated dat) to actually jumping on one and digging all claws and all fangers into him. Sometimes I used to climb up to high places and then launch myself at the intruders. I haven't beat up on Daddy, though, cuz he's way cool. He's been here three years so I guess I've decided to let him stay.

2. No aminals are allowed in the human sleeping room at night anymore cuz of me. The reason is cuz I would do funny fings to Daddy while he slept... like sleep on his chest and STARE at him so he'd wake up to big kitty eyes in his face (even though I like him, I still wanna remind him dat Mommy is MY woman). Or I'd stare at mommy in such a way that my butt would be aimed at daddy, and he certainly didn't like waking up that way (especially when I would have lots of flatulence). At night, sometimes my humans would become my personal salt licks; when daddy woke up to me licking him on the butt, I fink dat's when he said, "Okay, all aminals out of the human sleeping chambers!" But he lets me in the room when he gets up early while mommy sleeps in... I like to curl up under the covers with her.

3. I am often a grumpy guy. I pretend dat I hate it when mommy kisses me and ruffles my fur, but then I get up and do a special strut and then sit down to happily clean myself.

4. Sometimes I "cheat" on mommy by sitting on daddy's lap and getting loves and skritches. If she catches me getting love from daddy I start to feel real guilty; sometimes I slink away, but other times I just stay and get all the love I can even though I have a guilty look on my face. Sometimes daddy tells on me while I'm on his lap and I give him a dirty look, with ears back and everything! I get real mad at him for telling mommy dat I'm cheating on her. Mommy either pretends she's mad or she laughs... geez mommy, why don't you get jealous? You're supposed to get jealous, like I do when you and daddy are cuddling on the couch and I come climb on top of you both.

5. I don't meow but I make funny squeaking sounds, especially when I'm calling for my mommy.

6. I like to hide and be a super spy kitty, but I guess I don't realize dat my hiding places aren't very good. Sometimes I think NO ONE can see me but then mommy laughs about how my butt is sticking out of the bush or my tail is on the other side of the doorway (and twitching very noticeably). I always get very surprised when she touches the part dat I previously thought was hidden.

Extra fact: I act like the woofies annoy me, but sometimes I pop them on the nose while they're sleeping and then I run off so they'll chase me (and then daddy will yell at them!)

Dat wasn't as hard as I thought it would be! Um, please excuse me if some of dat was more WEIRD than quirky. :)

I would like to tag: (these are links) Angus Mhor, Meowers from Missouri (Xing Lu, Nels, Nitro and/or Ed), Perfectly Parker and PB&J Is My Favorite (Pearl, Bert and/or Jake). My mommy might also do this meme for our Rainbow Bridger Hannah. She was an awesomely quirky kitty.

Okay, so here's the rules for the Quirky Meme:

1. Link to the one who tagged you.
2. List the rules on your blog.
3. Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours.
4. Tag some bloggers friends with links.
5. Leave a comment on their blog to let them know they've been tagged.
6. What's a quirk?

What is a quirk? I will define it as: "Something odd a person or kitty or woofy does dat just makes them more loveable."


23 Comments:

Colby and Cheddar said...

Dis is da best Quirky post ever! We're furry impressed. We likes da one about hiding the best, cause sometimes our tails stick out, too!

Great job, Kilroy!

PB 'n J said...

That was a great quirky list! And thanks for tagging us - we can't wait!

Daisy said...

Whoa! Those are some really interesting and quirky things about you. You are such a character!

Jans Funny Farm said...

You are certainly a Quirky cat!

It's no wonder you were banned from the humans' sleeping room. Butt in face, with flatulance? Oooooooh.

purrs and tail wags

zevo hussein calamari said...

That was very cute. Thank you so much!

Goldie, Shade and Banshee said...

Very cool list. Quirky rawks!!!! I think your mom needs to put up a video of your squeaking talk. I'd like to hear it. :)

Purrs, Goldie

Mickey's Musings said...

Oh wow!! That was a great meme!! I don't know why Mom was laffin so hard for!!!! I must say that Mom is mine too!!!!!!
Too bad your Dad did not like to be licked,it could save him a shower!!
Purrs Mickey

Gemini and Ichiro said...

You are not very quarky--just a normal cat.

Quasi said...

Thanks for your post on my blog! I, too, use my humans as my personal salt lick.

Karen Jo said...

Those are very interesting quirking things about you. I am not surprised that all animals are barred from the human sleeping room now.

Goldie, Shade and Banshee said...

We are back! Just popped over to say we have giving you an award, Kilroy. Come on over.

Shade and Goldie

Anonymous said...

You certainly are quirky, Kilroy!

The Taylor CatSSSSS said...

What a great list of quirks! Isn't that a funny word!!

:)

Tybalt said...

What an awesome meme, Kilroy! It is very nice to meet you. I saw you on Mickey's blog and came over to introduce myself.

I have an Almost Dad in my house, and he's trying to take mommy time away from me. I'm not so sure I like that, so I feel your pain on the Dad jealousy issues.

Jules said...

Kilroy~
Ask mommy to dress you up patriotic and submit you photo to my patriotic pet contest! We already have a few cats so you will feel right at home!
jewels
the pups are more than welcome!

Mr. Hendrix said...

Great quirky list! I'm glad you put your paw down and tell your daddy she was yours first. I wasn't mommy's first, but I'm the favorite and I let daddy know it.

Meowers from Missouri said...

we likes yer list! the hiding one seems awfully familiar to us, but we can't exactly think why . . . ;-)

we has meme'd on our bloggie. you will see it tomorrow, friday! thanks for taggin' us!

MaoMao said...

hehehe, whatta fun postie! My mom started laffin her head off at #2. And skweeky talk? Dorydoo nefur meows, she always skweeks!

Kittyhugs and purrs from MaoMao!

Anonymous said...

*giggle*! I loved reading your list of quirks! You sound like a wonderfully fun kitty.

Purrs and snuggles from Marilyn.

Katiez Furry Mewz said...

Oh dats sweet - you make squeeky sounds!!

Our Snow Baby meowed in his Siamese way, but if you picked him up, he squeeked! Weze called him a Squeeky toy! Is you a squeeky toy too?

Luv, Da Katie Kats

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

I saw you over at Goldie and Shade's so wanted to say hi. Wow, we are similar in a lot of ways....but not on the no-talking. Nice to meet you. Come over to my small world some time. I did the quirky meme too recently!
www.jbssmallworld.blogspot.com

--JB

Anonymous said...

hello kilroythecat.blogspot.com blogger found your site via Google but it was hard to find and I see you could have more visitors because there are not so many comments yet. I have found website which offer to dramatically increase traffic to your site http://mass-backlinks.com they claim they managed to get close to 4000 visitors/day using their services you could also get lot more targeted traffic from search engines as you have now. I used their services and got significantly more visitors to my website. Hope this helps :) They offer best services to increase website traffic at this website http://mass-backlinks.com

World of Animals, Inc. said...

Thanks for the wonderful share. You have some really funny quirks. We love the one when it's bedtime the room is only for you. You need your private time sometimes, especially when it's bedtime. Have a wonderful rest of your day. Great post.
World of Animals