Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Wild Wednesday (early post)

FANK YOU EVERYONE for all your sweet well-wishes and purrs for my mommy. She's feelin' much better now. I gave her LOTS of purr therapy (purrapy?) and your comments made her feel nice too. As much as no one likes getting sick, this flu made her relax - which was something that crazy lady really needed to do! It was kind of a blessing in disguise. Thank you all for your best wishes.

As for me, I have very recently journeyed into a dangerous place, the likes of which no cat has ever returned from- until now! For your viewing pleasure.... I present....

DESCENT INTO THE DOG PEN

Mic check... testing... 1, 2, 1, 2. Is the camera on? We're on? Okay. Hello, this is Kilroy L. Beastie, reporting to you on site. I'm about to enter the dreaded pigpen, er, I mean, dogpen. The place from which no cat has returned.

You can see me as a small grey dot on this uncharted landscape. It may appear tranquil, but watch out! Dat's just an illusion! Here come the natives!

Hmm. As you can see, the natives are highly annoying yet surprisingly harmless.

Just to be sure, I raise a paw in warning and bat at them fiercely a few times to let them know dat I'm not a cat to be trifled with.


Here is a victory shot of myself after I fended off the savage beasts.


Once the slobberers stopped trying to play with me, I decided dat I would inspect their home.

Ugh. Truly, these are savages: they do not have scratching posts OR indoor litter boxes.



Here I am relaxing next to one of their ancient and sacred relics. In their language they call it the "bark bark," which I believe translates into "old gas meter."


I finally decided dat "When in Rome, do as the Romans do." Here you can see me rolling around in the soft dirt.

It really did wonders to soften and condition my fur. No wonder humans bottle this stuff!

It was even fun to pretend dat I was a wild, savage jungle cat. Purrhaps dat could be the theme for my next PlayCat photo shoot.

Now dat I'm home, I find myself fondly reminiscing about my time in the wild. I kind of miss it! Purrhaps if I squeak at mommy enough, she'll let me return. So squeak I shall. So squeak I shall.

24 Comments:

Daisy said...

Oh my Cod! You are so brave! I cannot believe you were so calm around those doggies.

The Meezers or Billy said...

oh my bast!!! you is brave!!!

Laila and Angel Minchie said...

Kilroy, King of the Dog Pen!

Laila

Gattina said...

What an adventure ! an inspection of a dog house ! you are very brave !
Kim my black cat loves to sleep in the neighbor's dog doghouse while the poor doggy with the size of a veal sleeps outside !

Spike William and Angels China Cat and Willow said...

You are brave to go out there!

Thanks for purring for my dad - he came home last night after his surgery and I think that he feels better because of all the purrs!

Purrrrrrrs, China Cat

The Taylor CatSSSSS said...

OH KILROY! We were so worried! You are such a brave kitty! We would NEVER venture into such a dreaded and scary place! We are so glad that you returned unscathed! You speak woofie? Very impressive!

We are so happy that your mommy is better! We missed you so much while you were gone!!!

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

I hope your mommy could recover totally completely~!!

And Woww...you are really really brave, 1 v.s. 2 doggies~!! That is really amazing!

Anonymous said...

Oh, my! Woofie slobber! You walked right in amongst them and raised a paw?!

You want to know what you really should be careful of, Kilroy? Mom saw that floofy gray belly exposed! She loves floofy gray bellies. Ask us how we know this.

Mr. Hendrix said...

whoa! you are so brave! those woofies were so scared of you. wow. i've heard of "bark bark" but can't translate it.

we're glad your mommy is feeling better.

Jans Funny Farm said...

Kilroy, you are so very, very brave. But we caution you not to try this at a neighbor's.

purrs and tail wags

Anonymous said...

Kilroy I am impressed by your bravery, I really am.

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Kilroy
YOU are one furry brave kitty.
I give you a 5 paw salute for bravery...

Purrs
Abby

Ellen Whyte said...

Kilroy rules! Maybe you can teach the savage slobberbeasts to be as clever as you :-)

Cats~Goats~Quotes said...

What an adventure! We miss playing with our Holly woofer. Thank you for coming by and leaving a nice message as we remember her today.
~ The Bunch

Mickey's Musings said...

GeeWhiz!!! You are one brave kitty!!!!! I think you are awesome ;)
Purrs Mickey

MaoMao said...

Wowie, you are a brave kitty! And you squeek? So does my sistur Dorydoo -- she nefur meows, she squeeks!

I think you should start a nature show about vizzitin with alla the wild animules!

Kittyhugs and purrs from MaoMao!

Chrissie said...

Kilroy, I see by your laid back 'tude that you're an experienced outdoor adventure thrill seeker..I am very impressed that you were able to communicate with the inhabitants and establish somewhat cordial relations with them..I deeply respect your diplomatic prowess, dude! You should do a show, like that bean...uh, David Attenborough! Yeah! That's the one!

Hey, thanks for comin' by to visit me while my mom was gone!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear your Mom is better! I'm sending her lots of purrs.

And such cute pictures of you, visiting those woofies in their native habitat! You are very brave!

Purrs and snuggles from Marilyn.

KC and the Giggleman Kitties said...

O, Kilroy, Love Beastie, you are truly brave. We Sherwood kitties are in total awe of you.
We are glad that your mommy is better and you gave her lots of "purr-rapy" to get her well.
Love,
Missy Blue Eyes

PB 'n J said...

What an exciting adventure!

Bubbles said...

WOW, you are VERY brave and quite an adventurer, Kilroy!!

Today we ended our honeymoon and Karl will stay in the Netherlands for a week.

Back home now we want to thank you for attending our special day!!

Hugs and love from us,
Karl & Ruis

Goldie, Shade and Banshee said...

I thought I was brave! You truly are THE KING of the yard!!!!!!

purrs, Goldie ( now a prince )

zevo hussein calamari said...

So glad to hear your pet human is better. You are a brave poose to enter the doggie den.

wow!

World of Animals, Inc. said...

Thanks for sharing the wonderful photos. Looks like you are enjoying your day rolling around in the dirt and making sure the doggies don't bother you. We see you were victorious against them. You are very brave. Have a great rest of your weekend.
World of Animals