Saturday, June 21, 2008

A sad day for robots

Warning! Litter Box related activity is written about below!
Well, I guess it's official: We hate our super duper automatic litterbox.
See, there was a...a problem lately. A literal poopstorm, as Macy suddenly decided that she would make it very clear that she did not like going in that litterbox. Very, very gross to humans. I might have also been a bad boy, but I'll never tell! I'll just blame it on Macy.

Anyhoo, mommy put the old litter box next to the automatic one and the out-of-litter-box experiences stopped. She's using the robotic counter on the automatic box to see if we are using it at all now. The truth is... not really. We might use it once or twice a week, but dat's about it.


So mommy and daddy think that Macy got "attacked" while she was usin' the crapper. The automatic litterbox can be set to self-scoop every 5, 10 or 20 minutes after use and we had it set on 20 minutes, as recommended by the instruction manual. 20 minutes is a long enough span for two kitties to use it and for one to get...uh...pronged. *shudders*

In other robot news, our robot vacuum is still behaving. Dat's a relief for mommy, who was afraid it would become possessed and try to eat us. And there is some awesome imagery here (http://www.texasjim.com/NASApix/NASA%20pix.htm) of space shuttle robots being nice. So I guess it's not that sad of a day for robots.

15 Comments:

Gemini and Ichiro said...

We finally got rid of ours. Our human was finding it easier to clean the non automatic litter boxes because so much got stuck really tight at the bottom.

Goldie, Shade and Banshee said...

Oh my!!!!

You have two robots in your house?? Wow, I can't even imagine a robot kitty litter box, sounds like something from a Stanley Kubrick movie.

Man, I have been out in the woods TOO long.

purrs, Goldie

Cole said...

My mother had one of those electric litterboxes. 2, in fact. They both broke!

Parker said...

Maybe I don't want one of those...I thought I did, but I do not want to be "Pronged!"
ps -I am doing your Meme tomorrow!

The Taylor CatSSSSS said...

Oh, Mommy didn't buy us one of those automatic things cause the noise is scary!!! Mommy would rather just clean the regular kind. We hope that nokitty got pronged....GASP!!

zevo hussein calamari said...

This is so good to know... our pet humans keep threatening to get one.

You saved us... thanks!

Daisy said...

My Mommie thought of getting something like that but decided it was too complicated. I am sorry that Macy got attacked by the out of control crazy litter box robot!

Chrissie said...

I think I'd be a bit tetchy, too, if I were "pronged" in the nethers whilst making a "deposit". Good on your mom for divining the reason and taking proper steps!

My mom was considering a rugsucking robot..she thinks it'd be too cool!

Tesla and Hansel said...

PRONGED?! That doesn't sound good at all! oh my gosh!

that must be why mommeh was afraid of getting me the automatic box.

I was having an out of box experience before, because i poo faster than i dig, so now i has the sandbox with the top on it.

Also- mommeh was getting really mad cuz i would bat my poo around like a toy... and it would get stuck under the washing machine...

mommeh wasn't happy at all....

i dont know why i thought it was fun!

Mr. Hendrix said...

yeah, i think i would hate it too. mainly because i like the idea of my beans cleaning up my dooky. tee hee hee

i'm glad you got your old good litterbox back.

Gattina said...

That must be a terrific thing ! I just imagine going on the toilet and the water flushes just behind me ! I think the good old litter box is the best for kitties !

Kavan said...

Mom had thought about getting us one, but after reading about your experience, we get to keep our trusty manual one.

Kavan

Tybalt said...

Oh my paws and whiskers! Poor Macy! I can't think of anything more disturbing than being attacked while vulnerable in the litterbox.

MaoMao said...

Oh, how skeery! I think I'd like a robot I kould chase around the room but I don't think I'd like to poop in one. I'm glad the robot didn't eat you!

Kittyhugs and purrs from MaoMao!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Macy! I'm sorry you got pronged. I agree, that thing looks scary!

Purrs and snuggles from Marilyn.