Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Kitties are like fine wine...

Mommy and Daddy love their wine. But I smell that stuff and I don't understand how it smells/tastes like oak barrels and blackberries and pepper and whatever all mixed in together.
I fink snorfing kitty fur brings about a much more exciting bouquet. Take me, for example;


When a human snorfs my fur, they can smell a blend of kitty litter ripened with fabric softener from my blanky, mixed with dashes of Tuna-laced saliva and a peppering of dog snot.

Now Macy, on the other hand, sports a much stronger poopourri (heh) due to her own unique, uh... "flavors." With Macy dere's the instant lingering of hairball medicine dat's pungent but not too powerful for the palate. Dere seems to be a dash of baby powder and a hint of savory dirt.

I happen to be an '03 vintage, while Macy is an '04. As you can see, I clearly smell better than she does.

So in conclooshun, I have decided dat kitties are like fine wine; they just get better with age. No matter how stinky we get.

12 Comments:

Chrissie said...

My mom says that I'm a sweet red, with notes of clay, grass, and potting soil, and very smooth on the palate-I haven't got the faintest idea what she's talking about!

The Cat Realm said...

That was a great post!!! My maid has that wine affliction too.....
Karl
P.S. Don't forget to come by our blog tomorrow we will have an important post up!

Artsy Catsy said...

Hi Kilroy & Macy! I saw you on Kellie's blog and came right over to meet you - especially since my mom is an artist/writer, too. I'm putting you on my blogroll and we're all looking forward to being your friends. Come visit us anytime!

Purrs,
Rocky
CEO (Cat Executive Officer)
and the catstaff at Artsy Catsy

Anonymous said...

Mom also loves wine, but she loves us better! We also have the same relaxing effect on her!

Sweets the Cat said...

What a fine sentiment, to which I completely agree! If only these humans understood the importance of kitty flavor.

Daisy said...

My Mommie drinks a glass of red wine most nights. I do not think it smells good. One time, I knocked the glass over. That was a bad mistake.

Victor Tabbycat said...

I must be a white, but Bonnie's sumfing dark an mysterious, wif an unpurrdictable bite!
I'd rather haf a niptini than wine.

Jans Funny Farm said...

Yes, a very fine wine. And dogs have a bouquet all their own too.

Icon Baxter Bentley said...

We DO get better with age! I think I can smell you through the internets

Just Ducky said...

What a lovely vintage we kitties would make!

KC and the Giggleman Kitties said...

KC said...
Furry interesting. Now Mommie ML will be sniffing us all for days and making comparisons. hee hee.
She says I smells clean.
That's it.
No complex bouquets, no spicey hints, just clean. Hmmmmmm.....???

The Taylor CatSSSSS said...

Our Mommy likes wine occasionally, but The Big Guy is really "into" it! Mommy prefers to smell us! Hee Hee.....we smell pretty good, most of the time!